Dementia Friendly Saline+
Dementia Friendly Saline+ creates a welcoming space for people with dementia and provides community education for businesses. They do this through:
Business Lunch and Learns: free 45-minute workshops educating businesses on ways to adapt their interactions and make the experience less difficult for people with dementia and their caregivers.
Dementia Friendly Cafes: a café-like setting at local churches where people with dementia and their caretakers can meet friends, listen to live music, and enjoy a coffee.
Dementia Friendly Movies: partnered with Emagine Saline, DF Saline+ offers a monthly classic movie in a sensory friendly environment.
- “Purple Angels” are needed to assist during movie events.
- Musicians are needed for Memory Cafes.
- Host an event
- Sign up for free educational brown bag lunches adapted for your business and customers
- Talk with DF Saline+ about offering dementia friendly cafes in your church or community location
- Community connections
DF Saline+ aims to expand into other communities. Offer connections with interested businesses or organizations who support DF Saline+’s mission.
I was honored to play a key role in DF Saline+’s efforts:
- Logo redesign to reflect a wider community reach
- Wix website design that can be easily updated by their team
- Designing a 2024 calendar to help with fundraising
Donate through their website: DFSaline.org